Naumon A. Amjed, a partner of the Firm, concentrates his practice on new matter development with a focus on analyzing securities class action lawsuits, direct (or opt-out) actions, SEC whistleblower actions, breach of fiduciary duty cases, data breach actions and.
Naumon, along with Sean M. Handler, oversees the Firm’s lead plaintiff practice group and frequently counsels the Firm’s clients on litigation options in the United States and abroad and has significant experience litigating actions in state and federal courts, as well as representing clients pursuing claims in international actions.
- In re Bank of America Corp. Securities, Derivative, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Litigation, No. 09 MDL 2058 (S.D.N.Y.) ($2.425 billion recovery)
- In re Citigroup Bond Litigation, No. 08-cv-09522-SHS (S.D.N.Y.) ($730 million recovery)
- In re Wachovia Preferred Securities and Bond/Notes Litigation, No. 09-cv-6351 (RJS) (S.D.N.Y.) ($627 million recovery)
- David H. Luther, et al., v. Countrywide Financial Corp., et. al., No. 2:12-cv-05125 (C.D. Cal. 2012) ($500 million recovery)
- In re Bank of New York Mellon Corp. Foreign Exchange Transactions Litig., No. 12-md-02335 (S.D.N.Y.) ($335 million recovery)
- In re Snap Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 2:17-cv-03679-SVW-AGR (C.D. Cal.) ($154 million recovery)
- In re JPMorgan Chase & Co. Securities Litigation, No. 12-3852-GBD (“London Whale Litigation”) ($150 million recovery)
- Minneapolis Firefighters’ Relief Association v. Medtronic, Inc., No. 08-cv-06324-PAM-AJB (D. Minn.) ($85 million recovery)
- In re MGM Mirage Securities Litigation, Case No. 2:09-cv-01558-GMN-VCF (D. Nev.) ($75 million settlement)
- In re Target Corp. Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., No. MDL 14-2522 PAM/JJK (D. Minn.) (appointed to the national Executive Committee representing financial institutions; $39 million recovery)
Naumon has lectured in the United States and Europe on a variety of topics including, among others, shareholder litigation and emerging trends, the manipulation of the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) by Panel Banks, the manipulation of foreign exchange rates by custodian banks, litigation involving securities lending programs, manipulation in the sale of closed end funds and the manipulation of royalty deductions by oil and gas companies drilling in the Marcellus Shale. Naumon has also taught CLE courses on shareholder litigation.